- Analysis & Instrumentation
- Cleaning, Polishing & Grinding
- Coating & Surface Treatment
- Controlled & Modified Atmospheres
- Cutting, Joining & Heating
- Freezing & Cooling
- Heat Treatment
- Inerting, purging, sparging
- Melting & Heating
- Petrochemical Processing & Refining
- Pharmaceutical Processing
- Plastics & Rubber Processing
- Process Chemistry
- Water treatment
Hot forming is often an essential process step if collaring work is required. This process is applied in the fabrication of dished heads for pressure vessels such as boilers. Here, a high-output oxy-acetylene torch is often the best way of heating the workpiece and producing transitions with optimum flow characteristics.
Advantages of hot forming
Compared to other forming processes, hot forming provides numerous advantages including superior accuracy, higher surface profile tolerance, reduction of the metal springback effect and ease of plastic deformation into complex shapes.
Pushing performance in hot forming
We offer a range of LINDOFLAMM® special burners to optimise your hot forming operations. They are powerful enough to heat your workpiece to the optimum hot forming temperatures (950°C) in a short period of time. This minimises the thermal stress on your upsetting tool and increases process stability.
Utilising the high temperature of acetylene flames for hot forming
When rapid and concentrated heating is desired, flame temperature is a key factor. The higher the temperature, the faster the transfer of heat from the flame to the workpiece. As acetylene provides the highest flame temperature and the highest flame propagation rate it is the fuel gas of choice for the LINDOFLAMM® burner portfolio.
Benefits at a glance:
- Optimum for collaring work
- Easy bending of steel collars
- Rapid annealing of desired areas with acetylene as fuel gas
- Minimal heating of surrounding material with acetylene as fuel gas
- Burner selection adapted to customer demands
- Customised gas supply solutions
Linde service end-to-end offering
From start to finish our customers benefit from innovative concepts, in-depth expertise and total support. Our highly-skilled experts will advise you on how to improve productivity and quality at reduced costs. The end-to-end offering also extends beyond special LINDOFLAMM® burners to include all your acetylene supply and supporting service needs. We can also help you design and implement your acetylene supply system.
Materials suitable for hot forming include:
- Low / mild carbon steel
- Stainless steel alloys