- Products & Supply
- Aquaculture Solutions and Services
- Atmospheric Gases
- Fuel Gases
- Shielding Gases
- Food Chilling
- Food Freezing
- Food Grade Gases
- LINDOFLAMM® flame solutions
- Gas Mixtures
- Icebitzzz - Dry Ice Solutions
- Supply Modes
- Plastics & Rubber Solutions
- Pharmaceutical Solutions
- Welding and Safety Products
- HiQ Specialty Gases & Equipment
- Sales Document Templates
Efficient refrigerant solutions that are kinder to the environment
Natural refrigerants are chemicals which occur in nature's bio-chemical processes. They do not deplete the ozone layer and make a negligible - or zero in the case of R717 (ammonia) - contribution to global warming. The high efficiency of natural refrigerants also means that they make a lower indirect contribution to global warming.
These products were used as refrigerants prior to the 1950s, before fluorocarbon refrigerants became commonplace. They are now being used more extensively due to their low impact on the environment.
The Linde Group has a wealth of experience and expertise in environmentally friendly refrigerants. We offer a wide selection of products to the refrigeration and air conditioning industry including:
- R717 (ammonia)
- R744 (carbon dioxide)
- a wide range of hydrocarbon refrigerants, such as R600a (Isobutane) and R290 (Propane).